Occupational Safety and Health Standards (OSHA) works under the jurisdiction of the Department of Labor and oversees the safety of workers in their workplace. The prime objective of OSHA compliance is to enforce the rules framed by the Department of Labor for the work sites to provide a safe working environment for the workers. This helps to prevent accidents and considerably reduces loss of precious human lives.
All the employees and their employers under Federal Government are covered by OSHA regulations and it necessary for them to follow the rules or they risk inviting penalties. The employers and workers are provided intensive safety training from the organization and once it is done they are expected to follow the program judiciously
There are few important steps that need to be taken by the employer to achieve the right OSHA compliance.
- The all-in-one poster should be clearly displayed in the premises of the facility so that the workers can easily view it without any hindrance
- The poster should be posted on separate floors so that all the workers in different part of the facility have the opportunity to access the information easily.
- The employers should ensure that the employees read the information poster by replacing multi poster with all-in-one poster, even in places where employees visit once time a day.
- It is mandatory for the employer to provide all the information related to workplace, employment, rights and safety issues to all the employees. In no circumstances the employer can withhold any information that employees seek and which falls under the OSHA policy of “Right to know”.
- It is necessary for all the employers to post the minimum wage laws framed by the state and Federal government, even if none of the employees are paid the minimum wage.
- The employees should be protected from harassment and the employer is liable for any wrongdoing that the management does knowingly or unknowingly.
- The blood borne pathogen program should be followed in addition to the State and Federal health programs to achieve OSHA compliance from the health perspective of the employees.
It is necessary to follow the OSHA regulations to avoid heavy penalties that come with non compliance. It benefits the organizations by providing better and safer working environment. The result is increase in productivity and more profitability for the facility in long run.
OSHA enforces safety regulations to create a safe working environment to protect human lives from hazards.
For more information visit www.empowerbpo.com