Learning in a laptop classroom depends on how instructors provide their students with the most effective learning environment.
Following is a list of 10 strategies to help teachers manage a class when kids and laptops are combined. These tips will help you improve students’ attentiveness, engagement, and learning when using a laptop.
10 Tips to help you manage your laptop classroom
- Arrange the desks so you can see their screens by just walking around
- Predefine specific times when laptops are permitted, and others when they’re not
- Walk around frequently
- Announce shifts, to allow students to save their work
- Make sure students turn off the laptop sound off at the beginning of class.
- Give a five minute warning prior to the end of class
- Use timers that tick loudly
- Establish consequences for inappropriate laptop use
- Create a class tech team
- Have students sign out the laptops each time they use one